The care and protection of children, young people and adults at risk in Church activities is the responsibility of the whole Church community. Everyone who participates in the life of the Church has a role to play in promoting a safe environment for all.
Safeguarding means the action the Church takes to promote a safe culture. This means we will promote the welfare of children, young people and adults, work to prevent abuse from occurring, seek to protect those that are at risk of being abused, and respond well to those who have been abused.
The Safeguarding Guidelines are designed to identify how this policy is implemented in practice across every Church in this Parish:- St.Mary’s Broadwater, Queen Street Church, The Chinese Christian Fellowship, St. Stephens Café Church. As members of this PCC we are committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of all our members.
- We recognise that safeguarding is everyone's responsibility.
- We are committed to implementing all safeguarding policies and practice guidance issued by the House of Bishops
- We will carefully select and train all those who work or volunteer in positions of trust. We will use the Disclosure and Barring Service, amongst other tools, to check the background of each person.
- We will respond, without delay, to every concern made that a person for whom we are responsible may have been harmed.
- We will co-operate fully with statutory agencies during any investigation concerning a member of the church community.
- We will seek to ensure that anyone for whom we have pastoral responsibility who has suffered abuse is offered support that meets their needs.
- We will respond appropriately to those who have committed sexual offences who wish to join our fellowship, following House of Bishop's guidance and the advice of the Safeguarding Team.
- We will review this policy annually (in January) and as part of this process will ensure that all our procedures, particularly in relation to the Disclosure and Barring Service, are up to date.
If you have a concern:
If the danger is immediate always dial 999 right away
Concerned about a child? Phone: 0808 800 5000
Concerned about an adult? Phone: 01243 642121
Further advice can be obtained from:
The Parish Safeguarding Coordinator - Angela Chadwick
Phone 01903 823916 or email email@example.com
St Mary’s Safeguarding Coordinator - for children: Kim Downes
Phone 01903 823916 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
St Stephen’s Safeguarding Coordinator - Pauline Carroll
Phone 01903 823916 or email email@example.com
Queen Street Safeguarding Coordinator - for children: Judith Skitt
Phone 01903 823916 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on our safeguarding policies, procedures and practice guidance for leaders, staff and volunteers, please access the documents below: